ASIS is Northern Arizona’s oldest and most comprehensive Massage Therapy Program.
It is not our differences that divide us. Audre Lorde
It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences.
Founded on the banks of the Verde River, overlooking the Tuzigoot Ruins and the Red Rocks of Sedona, Arizona, this Arizona massage school now offers its whole body, whole person massage education throughout Northern Arizona, and in greater Chicago, Illinois.
- Approved by UNIVERSAL GROUP FINANCIAL CORPORATION for loans.
- Licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Post-Secondary Education:
- A member of the AMERICAN MASSAGE THERAPY ASSOCIATION COUNCIL OF SCHOOLS:
- Arizona Board of Massage:
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation:
- Approved by the NATIONAL CERTIFICATION BOARD FOR THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE AND BODYWORK (NCBTMB):
- An approved provider for CATEGORY “A” CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAMS
- Approved by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB)
- Member Association for Bodywork & Massage Professionals:
- Authorized UNDER FEDERAL LAW TO ENROLL NON IMMIGRANT ALIEN STUDENTS
- Approved by the ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION
- Approved by NORTHERN ARIZONA COUNCIL OF GOVERNMENT (NACOG):
- Approved by MILITARY SPOUSE CAREER ADVANCEMENT ACCOUNTS (MyCAA)
Each State handles massage licensing differently:
ASIS is approved for the Training of Veterans:
- MASSAGE AND HYDROTHERAPY TRAINING
- MASSAGE TEACHER TRAINING
FOR STUDENTS RECEIVING VA FUNDING, THE FOLLOWING POLICIES APPLY:
1. Veteran Students falling below a passing average will be placed on academic probation for a period of three weeks, after which time the student’s progress will be re-evaluated by the school staff. If there is no progress, the student may be dismissed and all benefits withdrawn.
2. For applicants seeking to receive credit or advanced placement for previous applicable education and trainings, it is required that they take a written exam and an oral exam. They must make a 90% or higher on these exams to qualify. At this time there will be a reduction in tuition to compensate for their previous training.
3. Students may at any time request access to their school records.
4. Veterans receiving educational benefits, will be granted a Federal Pro-Rata refund.
We Teach Who We Are
Like any true activity,
emerges from one’s inwardness, for better or worse,
As I teach, I project the condition of my soul
onto my students, my subject, and our way of being together.
The entanglements I experience in the classroom
are often no more or less than the convolutions of my inner life.
Viewed from this angle,
teaching holds a mirror to my soul.
If I am willing to look in that mirror and not run from what I see.
I have the chance to gain self-knowledge
And knowing myself is as crucial to good teaching
as knowing my students and my subjects.
We teach who we are.
|National Certification Examination for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCETMB)
Major Content Areas and Percentage Weights
|Subject Area||Percentage of
|I.||General knowledge of body systems||16%|
|II.||Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and kinesiology||19%|
|IV.||Therapeutic massage and bodywork assessment||18%|
|V.||Therapeutic massage and bodywork application||22%|
|VI.||Professional standards, ethics, business and legal practices||12%|
I would relish the experience to meet additional instructors as talented as; Mr. Frazier, Mrs. Debenedeto, Mrs. Landers, Ms. Boehning and especially Ms. DiMaria. You certainly have done your homework in your search for positive role models for this chosen profession. Thank you again for what has turned out to be one of the better experiences of my life.
Michael S. Harling
The MBLEx Certification Exam for Massage Therapists is offered by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB). This exam is gaining in acceptance and is an alternative to the NCBTMB exam in many states.
In the spirit of independence, self-reliance, integrity & consciousness,
ASIS has opted to remain un-accredited.
As a result, our tuition can remain affordable,
and our curriculum can continue to be fresh, rigorous, dynamic and non formulaic!
At ASIS Massage Education we are committed to sustainability across all aspects of our life:
Environmentally, Nutritionally, Emotionally, Educationally, & Financially!
Thank you for considering our massage therapy school.